See all of the WordPress Plugins I use on every site, a super easy way to find them, plus the settings I use to maximize performance. And, see the popular plugins that are coming off my recommended list and why.
Show notes are below the replay.
Like this show?
Subscribe to the BlogAid News for upcoming show and replay updates
In this show I cover:
- A super easy way to find my favorite plugins in the WordPress plugins repository
- What each of my favorite plugins does
- Settings on the admin side for those plugins
- Which plugins are coming off my favorites list, and why
- Akismet – see why this comment spam blocker is still on my favorites list, even though I don’t use it currently
- Genesis plugins – see the 2 plugins I use on every Genesis site
- GM Block Bots – stop spam bots from chewing up your site resources with this super cloud-based plugin
- Google Analytics by MonsterInsights – learn why my clients are favoring the Google Analytics Dashboard for WP plugin over this one
- Login LockDown – this has been my fave brute force protection plugin for years, and if you use Limit Login Attempts, you definitely need to switch to this one. See the settings I use and why
- Revision Control – see how this plugin keeps your database optimized, and learn why you need to log out of your site when you’re not working on it
- Simple Share Buttons Adder – discover why I’m so disappointed to have to take this plugin off my recommended list
- TinyMCE Advanced – I’m in love with this plugin and think it ought to be added to the WordPress core. Here’s a link to the video tutorial on it I mentioned. And, you’ll find the full tutorial in my Site Success Courses
- WP Rollback – see why I call this plugin a thing of beauty, how it has saved my bacon twice, and how I do updates to take advantage of it
- Yoast SEO – love it or hate it, this plugin just works better than anything else out there. You can find my full tutorials on it, plus more SEO help, in my DIY SEO course